2600-daptor D9 firmware
2/1/19 - 3D0: AutoSense by pressing A on 2nd gamepad will cause the 2nd gamepad to appear as a 2nd PC USB joystick (else 2nd gamepad will be extra buttons on a single PC USB joystick). "2600=daptor" firmware released.
Download the firmware version you want (right click, Save Link As) -
2600-daptor D9 190201.hex - latest release
2600=daptor D9 190201.hex - Alternate firmware: Want to play Stella with non-2600 controllers (including Atari 2800/Sears Video Arcade II)? Normally, Stella recognizes 2600-daptors and automatically maps the controller. However, if you want to play with non-2600 controllers, you need to be able to map the controller yourself, but Stella locks out the input mapping. This firmware will represent as a "2600=daptor" (note the "=" instead of "-") for non-2600 controllers. This stops Stella from recoginzing it and you can access the input mapping. It will still be "2600-daptor" for 2600 controllers.
And the utility to load it -
Windows - HIDBootLoader.exe
Mac OS X, Linux - MPHidFlash executables in the "binaries" folder
1) Unplug the USB.
2) Open the 'daptor by inserting a small flat blade screw driver into the slots on the side and turning the screw driver as if you are turning a screw to pop the halves apart.
3) Locate the 2-pin jumper by the D9 jack. Use a metal object to short the pins together.
4) Plug in the USB. The LED should remain OFF. If it turns on/flashes, then the jumper is not making contact. Unplug the USB, check the jumper, and try plugging the USB back in again.
5) Once the USB is plugged in with LED staying off, then there is no need for the jumper any more - it can be removed.
6) Use the utility to program the firmware
Execute HIDBootLoader.exe. You should see "Device attached." in the message area.
Click "Open Hex File" button and select the above .hex file you downloaded.
Click "Program/Verify" button. You should see "Erase/Program/Verify Completed Successfully" after a couple of seconds.
Mac OS X, Linux
Enter command line mode. For Mac: from the Finder, select Go->Utilities from the menu and double-click the Terminal application.
Execute the binary for your platform. Mac example:
mphidflash-1.6-osx-64 -write 2600-daptorIITB.hex
7) All done - unplug the USB and snap the 'daptor shell back together.
© 2013-19 - Hafner Enterprises LLC